Atmospheric, contemplative and gripping, this small but perfectly formed novel is ideally suited to GCSE study. With a diverse array of activities, this pack will ensure your students fully engage with the complex issues raised by Shelley’s well-crafted prose. This engaging companion provides a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities, covering all aspects of the novel.
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners