Please note: these resources are for the current (2008) A Level Music specification.
All you need to teach the 2017 set works! Support your students in achieving their potential in the exams with the most thorough and comprehensive guides available. Clear and approachable analysis to engage all A Level students, with plenty of material to extend the most able.
For each set work, the consistent structure makes it easy for students to learn and revise…
- Concise, relevant background information introduces context, style, form and instrumentation without distracting from the analysis
- Detailed and accessible section-by-section commentary breaks the whole work down into manageable parts, with annotated musical examples
- Revision notes summarise key features, covering every musical aspect
- Key musical terms are fully defined in a succinct and student-friendly glossary
- Consolidation questions with answers check learning – ideal for independent learning
- Exam-style questions for each piece give extensive practice – marked model answers show how to achieve top grades
Plus! Support for comparison questions: revision notes merged by topic to help make connections, and a wealth of practice questions for every combination of pieces (Instrumental and Vocal Music packs)
AS resources also available for those teaching two-year AS courses for examination in 2017!
A2 Instrumental Music 2017
- Berlioz: Harold in Italy: movement III
- Shostakovich: String Quartet No. 8, Op. 110: movement I
- Cage: Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano: Sonatas I-III
- Corelli: Trio Sonata in D, Op. 3 No. 2: movement IV
- Sweelinck: Pavana Lachrimae
- Mozart: Piano Sonata in B flat, K.333: movement I
- Ram Narayan: Rag Bhairav
A2 Applied Music 2017
- Stravinsky: Pulcinella Suite: Sinfonia, Gavotta and Vivo
- G. Gabrieli: In ecclesiis
- Georges Auric: Passport to Pimlico: The Siege of Burgundy
- Barrington Pheloung: Morse on the Case
- Mustapha Tettey Addy: Agbekor Dance
AS Instrumental Music 2017
- Berlioz: Harold in Italy: movement III
- Corelli: Trio Sonata in D, Op. 3 No.2: movement IV
- Beethoven: Septet in E flat, Op. 20: movement I
- Schumann: Kinderscenen, Op. 15: Nos. 1, 3 and 11
AS Vocal Music 2017
- Stravinsky: Symphony of Psalms: movement III
- Weelkes: Sing we at pleasure
- Haydn: My mother bids me bind my hair
- Carl Perkins: ‘Honey Don’t’
- The Beatles: ‘A Day in the Life’
“The resource is comprehensive… There is a great deal of valuable content and it will assist a teacher with their planning. The detailed analysis is very clear. It is a requirement of the specification to illustrate responses with reference to the score and it will be very easy for a teacher to pick out relevant examples. The concise revision notes would be very helpful for students, plus the sample questions.” – D Adamson, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
“This definitive guide will be a valuable tool for students and teachers. The language is clear and pitched at the right level… supporting pictures, quotes, musical examples and consolidation questions guide the student towards a comprehensive knowledge. The choice of musical examples and the specific points made about them are pertinent and always focused on the applied music exam. The uniformity of the layout for each set work and the regular lists of techniques and terms are an excellent tool for memorising salient facts. The resource contains excellent tips for tackling the exam, including tips on how to structure the exam answers.” – M Bills, Music Teacher and Independent Reviewer
“The writing is insightful and demonstrates a thorough appreciation of the information required for the Unit 6 exam. I feel very confident in the author’s knowledge regarding the musical analysis and the Edexcel specification. The analysis and background information on the twentieth-century set works were particularly well done. Although the analysis of the sonatas by Cage is complex, with uncommon terminology, the information is relevant and revealing. Revision tips are valuable in many ways – they encourage proactive learning and explain the exam structure in a clear and concise manner.” – M Bills, Music Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £89-£109 / Both A2 resources £175 / All four resources £299 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.