Simplify your planning and introduce your class to essential music theory – including song structures, chord progressions and compositional techniques – with this scheme of work written for the 2014 curriculum.
Streamline your planning and save time
- Six detailed lesson plans with helpful timings provide ready-made starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks
- Scheme of work outline and differentiation ideas make planning simple
Get the best results from your students
- Engaging, differentiated student worksheets allow every pupil to achieve their potential
- Highly visual student resources help the less able to picture their composition coming together
- Evaluation sheets encourage constructive reflection – great for AfL!
From learning about well-known tunes to writing their very own song, pupils will build valuable listening, composing and performing skills.
“This resource is excellent. Tackles songwriting in an informative and friendly manner and provides achievable and creative activities. Progresses step by step… combining practical and theoretical elements in an environment that is appealing to Year 9s. There are many creative ideas and activities that engage students with the lesson and with each other… These activities are certainly going to be enjoyed. The educational value is very high, because students are developing many skills. Differentiation is stated clearly in the lesson plans with achievable targets for different students’ abilities. This is a very useful and well laid out resource… I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.” – M Thiselton, Music Teacher, Songwriter and Independent Reviewer
Price is £34 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.