Original translation and detailed commentary – including notes on on style, grammar and context, picking up where the set text notes end. Give it to students either as a complete companion, or as handouts to support your class teaching. The perfect complement to the set text!
- Well-informed notes set the Latin text in its social, historical and literary context
- Discussion of literary techniques
- Activities and/or exam-style questions help students engage with and develop their own personal response to the text
- Glossary of linguistic terms
- Specifically designed to support students in areas identified for improvement in examiners’ reports.
- Written in student-friendly language
- Written by an experienced examiner
These are exactly the kind of clear notes I wanted.
Seeing this resource has inspired me to continue with Latin to A Level.
Michaela, Latin student
“A fresh look at the prescribed text. Good informative comments and information all the way through, which students could incorporate into essays… Good thought that the solution to the scansion example is given… The appendices are an excellent addition to the book, giving students practice in exam type questions… Good mentions of places where there are alternative versions of the text… I like the way the poems are laid out, with the Latin, then a translation, then grammar notes then stylistic/context notes. It makes for easier reading than having to look up notes in the back, which is the format for most books of this kind, and would give more encouragement to students… [While the prescribed text] is old-fashioned in manner and not always easy to follow, [this resource] has a modern feel to it.”– S Henton, Latin Teacher & Indepedent Reviewer
Price is £59 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.