Let your students have fun with language!
A pack of eight original, genre-based short stories, plays and poems designed to enthuse and enable students across KS3. With a wealth of differentiated pre- and post-reading activities, these imaginative and unique texts promise authentic reading material at the perfect level.
- Fun, inventive and relatable texts to engage and motivate students – no dry textbook style!
- For every text:
- Pre-reading activities provide context and enable understanding
- Post-reading activities break story down into bite-sized chunks and encourage students to exploit their new-found knowledge
- Vocabulary builders, comprehension questions, translation practice, creative tasks and more!
- Popular genres pique students’ interest
- Fully differentiated – supports weaker students while stretching the most able
- Includes full translations of texts and answers to all tasks
Fully geared towards the new National Curriculum, these texts introduce students to higher echelons of language while building on what they already know. Also great preparation for the new GCSE’s!
‘I LOVED it and as a teenager, I would have loved to have a go at it! I think it is going to really appeal to Y8 students. It has good visuals and is set out well. I like the fact that it is linked to the new NC. It also covers the cultural aspect of France and French speaking countries. I like the fact that there are different types of reading material in here too – eg, poem, short stories, play and information leaflet – it is a good mix and will have the children reading something that they perhaps have not read before, eg a play. I can’t wait for it to be released!’ – A Scigliano, MFL Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £49 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.