A series of 15 exam-focused ‘masterclass’ worksheets to tackle common problem areas in essay writing. Practical exercises and relevant examples encourage students to develop exam technique and use more complex structures – allowing access to higher grades!
- Tips on essay writing and planning
- Beginnings and ends
- A good paragraph
- Providing evidence
- Idiomatic phrases
- Vocabulary: synonyms
- Using the subjunctive
- Si clauses (the imperfect of subjunctive)
- Si clauses (the pluperfect of subjunctive)
- The future perfect
- The passive
- More prepositions: por and para
- Que versus lo que
- False friends
- Develops skills in a logical and progressive way
- Student-friendly, step-by-step approach divides the daunting tasks of timed essay writing into manageable steps
- Sample essays improve students’ understanding of what makes a successful answer
‘This resource gives students the opportunity to think carefully about the essay process. From coming up with ideas, to planning and sequencing, this resource really engages students in the essay writing task. I particularly liked the sections which included words to put in your essay, e.g introductory and concluding elements.’ – R Lokier, HoD, AQA Examiner and Independent Reviewer
Price is £59 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.