Let your students have fun with language!
A pack of eight original, genre-based short stories, plays and poems designed to enthuse and enable students across KS3. With a wealth of differentiated pre- and post-reading activities, these imaginative and unique texts promise authentic reading material at the perfect level.
- Fun, inventive and relatable texts to engage and motivate students – no dry textbook style!
- For every text:
- Pre-reading activities provide context and enable understanding
- Post-reading activities break story down into bite-sized chunks and encourage students to exploit their new-found knowledge
- Vocabulary builders, comprehension questions, translation practice, creative tasks and more!
- Popular genres pique students’ interest
- Fully differentiated – supports weaker students while stretching the most able
- Includes full translations of texts and answers to all tasks
Fully geared towards the new National Curriculum, these texts introduce students to higher echelons of language while building on what they already know. Also great preparation for the new GCSE’s!
‘I really liked this story and its associated activities and for the top end of students, it would really help them to become independent, thinking language learners and it would give them LOTS of good adjectives to use in their GCSEs and it models well the sort of higher range vocabulary and structures that will be rewarded at GCSE. Very well done to the author and I would certainly be interested in enabling my students to access this resource. It also links really well with Year 7 Medieval Realms history too, so that could also be referred to as a cross-curricular link.’– A Scigliano, MFL Teacher and consultant and Independent Reviewer
Price is £49 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.