Accessible for teachers and students!
Take a fresh and positive approach to teaching KS3 English with this lively pack of tailor-made poems, notes and activities. Explore the key features of poetic writing including rhythm, imagery, structure and voice and challenge your students to apply these techniques to their own writing. Perfect for building those stepping stones to GCSE English.
Original poetry by a published poet
- 15 carefully constructed poems cover wide-ranging interests from childhood memories to Greek mythology
- Engage with a variety of poem styles and forms – rhymed and unrhymed, serious and comic, riddles and sonnets
- Ideal to use as a writing stimulus
- Packed with structured questions and long-answer experimental tasks
- Breaking the KS3 mould – tasks that perfectly balance creativity and criticism to encourage pupils to be writers as well as readers!
- Great for individual writing, small-group and whole-class discussions
- Unique access to clear and detailed teacher’s notes
- Step-by-step lesson guidance makes planning simple
- Tried and tested by the author
‘A well thought out and well prepared pack. This pack will most definitely allow students to grow an interest in poetry and no longer be daunted by it.’ – S Begum, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘The content is outstanding. Would definitely buy for next year. I also very much appreciate the guidance on each poem – this allows for flexible lesson planning but offers insight from someone who knows the poems inside out… the poet!It’s wonderful to see resources making use of good-quality original poetry that can be used alongside the well-known classics.’ – E Evans, HoD, Independent Reviewer
‘This resource makes great use of the new national curriculum, as well as providing a bridge to GCSE literature where students will need to approach poems in detail.’ – C Carter, Deputy HoD, Independent Reviewer
‘It showed a new way of approaching poetry. I liked the key questions element at the beginning – it poses many questions I discuss with my department and it had a clear OFSTED and child centered focus.’ – R Goulds, HoD, Independent Reviewer
Price is £39 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.