Prepare for the 2015 GCSE specifications with this step-by-step exploration of creative writing.
Student-friendly notes and activities cover 10 key areas of short-story writing including structure, setting, pace and punctuation. Enhanced with useful tips and inspirational quotes – all the tools your students need to write their own creative pieces!
Plan your lessons
- Ready-made lesson structures with suggested timings – easy to plan into SOWs
- Cross-referenced to the AOs with clear teaching objectives
Inspire your students
- A variety of interesting extract-based activities include sketching, acting and comic strips
- Differentiated to challenge higher-ability students
- PLUS end-of-pack practice questions – students can apply new techniques to long-answer tasks
- Filled with carefully selected extracts to inspire an appreciation of the short-story genre
- Examples range from modern writers (Margaret Attwood) to the classics (Edgar Allen Poe)
‘The strength in this resource lies in its ability to provide a comprehensive set of skills necessary to complete a creative writing assessment via the different topics that are covered. Students will become familiar with the stages needed to plan a story and how techniques such as pace, tension and structure can be used for effect.’ – D LaGambina, Teacher
Price is £69 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.