- Glaciation, Hydrology & Coasts
- Population & Urbanisation
Very good, especially for weaker students… gets students READING the textbook.
A Neal, Head of Geography & Independent Reviewer
Students have to read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions based on a sub-topic of the learning criteria. Cross-referenced to the most popular KS3 textbooks and ZigZagEducation Teaching Packs to ensure a structured reading of the text.
- Minimal preparation for the teacher — great for cover lessons!
- An easy-to-set, yet valuable homework option.
- Results in a set of comprehensive revision notes.
- Covers all textbook content.
A godsend for those students who find learning difficult and motivates the less willing.
- The structured method of learning grids is of great value to students, especially if they find it difficult to absorb all the information in class.
- Case study specific learning grids make perfect factsheets for revision.
- Engaging diagrams break up text and engage visual learners.
Population and Urbanisation Learning Grids: The resource is well planned and structured well. There is clear links with the core textbooks which are used in most secondary schools and the resource can be used as stand-alone activities in class or as revision sheets for homework. The resource enhances learning by challenging pupils to think in depth about each of the topics studied as well as introducing KS3 pupils to some of the geographical skills they will need at GCSE. An example of this is the use of population pyramids which is extremely useful to introduce at KS3. – G Dhaliwal, Head of Geography & Independent Reviewer
Price is £59 each — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.