Clear, in-depth and relevant analyses of every set work with special focus on instrumentation and performance; structure; and musical, social and historical contexts.
Works covered (for exams from 2016):
- J S Bach – Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F, 1st movement
- Mozart – Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in D, 1st movement
- Rossini – Overture to La gazza ladra (‘The Thieving Magpie’)
- Bar-by-bar analysis with annotated musical examples – helps students place extracts in context
- Detailed exam information and revision checklist for each piece – ensures thorough preparation
- 26 sample exam questions for Section B and 9 for Section C – with answers for every question plus annotated sample essays
Guides students from formal overview to specific musical features. Starting with prior knowledge and building to advanced analysis, helps students make a smooth transition from GCSE to AS Level.
“Excellent resource that fully covers the specification. Analysis is split into different sections with elements of the score printed – this is crucial for the ‘Placing extract in overall structure and describing other sections’ question. The mock questions at the end can be used immediately which is great. ‘Preparation Checklists’ are very useful (with some imaginative ideas) and from experience students love things like this… There are so many extension-type activities that those students who naturally do more extension work outside of the lesson have all they need to do so; and those students who are more reluctant have no excuse not to.” – W Carter, Head of Music and Independent Reviewer
Price is £89 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.