Comprehensive companions enhance students’ discovery of these new poetry anthologies.
Carefully structured to guide students through the entire process towards writing top-graded essays, these companions:
- Introduce the key skills for analysing poetry
Explanations and examples of all the poetic terminology needed. Form, Structure and Language are all explored (areas where students sometimes struggle in understanding).
- Focus on each poem
- Pre-reading engages students through independent research
- Glossary aids understanding of unfamiliar terms
- Questions with suggested answers aid analysis and build confidence
- Critical views focus on AO5, while extension tasks stretch the more able
- Link it all together
Explores common themes, so that students can learn to compare and contrast while also undertaking useful revision.
- Help students to develop essay technique
- Essay-writing advice – understand what the examiners will be looking for
- Sample plans – learn to structure essays for best results
- Exemplar essays – know what is required for the highest marks!
- Designed to be co-teachable for AS and A Level.
- AO references throughout link learning directly to the exam.
“I was impressed by the comprehensive nature of the resource. I liked the way in which the initial questions were followed by a series of more probing points and critical viewpoints so that students are encouraged to develop a more in-depth response… I particularly liked the fact that there were essays from each section of the exam paper and there were different ideas about essay planning which is always a tricky area… Activities are linked particularly effectively to the different assessment objectives. Well geared up for the AQA A syllabus [with] a solid understanding of the demands of the AOs.” – C Webb, Head of Sixth Form and Independent Reviewer
Price is 99 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.