Ready-to-use, detailed study notes help your students get to grips with Chaucer’s irreverent tale of infidelity and trickery. Fantastically clear and comprehensive analysis breaks down the Middle English text into manageable chunks for students.
Each pack tackles the key stages of text analysis:
Thorough section-by-section commentary walks students through each poem
- Drawing it all together
In-depth discussion of whole text focuses on: characterisation, relationships, genre, themes, attitudes and values, language, form, structure, context, literary approaches
- Applying it to the exam
- A range of practice questions with student-friendly mark schemes fully prepare students for the AQA B Paper 2B exam
- Sample student essays with commentary help students identify strengths and weaknesses
Engage your students!
Includes debate prompts • active learning tasks • further reading suggestions • key literary and linguistic terms • practice essay questions throughout!
- A glossary of key terms ensures full understanding
- Three essay plans help students tackle the complex text and break it down for the exam
- A Modern English translation of each section makes the text accessible to all
“The learning potential of the resource is very high as it necessitates a deep engagement with Chaucer’s text at textual level, which is what the exam expects. It is very reassuring to see potential exam topics at the end of each subsection as well as model answers and provoking essay titles that cut right to the heart of Chaucer’s thematic concerns and his effective employment of poetic devices.” – M Meally, Head of A Level English, Independent Reviewer
Price is £79 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.