Comprehensive companions enhance students’ discovery of these new poetry anthologies.
Carefully structured to guide students through the entire process towards writing top-graded essays, these companions:
- Introduce the key skills for analysing poetry
Explanations and examples of all the poetic terminology needed. Form, Structure and Language are all explored (areas where students sometimes struggle in understanding).
- Focus on each poem
- Pre-reading engages students through independent research
- Glossary aids understanding of unfamiliar terms
- Questions with suggested answers aid analysis and build confidence
- Critical views focus on AO5, while extension tasks stretch the more able
- Link it all together
Explores common themes, so that students can learn to compare and contrast while also undertaking useful revision.
- Help students to develop essay technique
- Essay-writing advice – understand what the examiners will be looking for
- Sample plans – learn to structure essays for best results
- Exemplar essays – know what is required for the highest marks!
Designed to be co-teachable for AS and A Level, AO references throughout link learning directly to the exam.
“What an excellent resource – I want one! Would be a perfect companion to teaching the new specification for the first time… The “PoetBook” pages were an excellent and engaging way to connect pupils with the authors and their contexts which they desperately need to engage with. I also liked the strong references and worksheets for form, structure and language as this is an area that AS students find a nightmare. Linked directly to the assessment objectives… It interprets the spec exactly.” ndash; K Chanter, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £89 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.