Bring George Eliot’s classic novel to life with this diverse and engaging resource covering all aspects of the novel. Includes brilliant visual and kinaesthetic activities to address exam requirements in a dynamic way.
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Apply learning with excellent exam practice and a strong focus on different methods of essay planning. Prepare students with revision exercises, then build up to essay writing with practice questions, sample answers and mark schemes for Edexcel and Eduqas.
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. Detailed teacher’s notes for every section complement the student worksheets with differentiation and homework ideas for all.
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and creative writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
“Fantastic. From the opening pages it is focused on levels and the new AOs. This is like a breath of fresh air for a teacher trying to make their way through the new GCSE specifications… It was very student friendly without being over the top. Little ideas such as creating a facebook timeline are a good way to research context without boring them. The teacher notes were very helpful… Thank you – a fantastic resource for the new specification.” – R Goulds, HoD and Independent Reviewer
“A very detailed and thorough resource. Very appealingly presented and rich with activities. I really liked the variety of extension and differentiated tasks. The chapter by chapter activities would ensure that students had a very detailed knowledge of characters and plot… to make interesting interpretations of the story. There was a plentiful supply of key quotes – this is particularly useful now that we are preparing students for the closed book exams. Would I purchase this resource? Absolutely. It would be an excellent companion to teaching this novel and would ensure that students knew the story well.” – B Jennings, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
“This is a good quality guide. Some of the tasks are very innovative and original and would encourage even the most reluctant student to engage with the text. Clever and engaging tasks are given… The pupils will enjoy this and it will aid their understanding.” – M Lloyd, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £79 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.