This engaging companion explores the dramatic, linguistic and contextual features of Delaney’s engrossing play.
Suitable for: AQA | Eduqas
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities for every scene. Carefully structured activities, including close reading, imaginative writing tasks and SPaG practice, are written with Ofsted in mind.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Apply learning with excellent exam practice and a strong focus on different methods of essay planning. Prepare students with revision exercises, then build up to essay writing with practice questions, sample answers with activities and mark schemes for AQA and Eduqas.
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives. The fantastic structure makes the pack suitable for all abilities, with differentiated worksheets linked to aspects of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and creative writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Drama, spoken language and SPaG practice
Plus! Teaching notes and suggested answers show how to implement the student activities in your classroom.
“A very good resource with many modeled examples for teachers to take straight into their classroom. Very student and teacher friendly. It would clearly enhance learning – there are many tasks for each scene/act, and key characters are unpicked and explored in more depth. Planning activities are extremely focused on the new GCSE specifications… students would get a lot from these and they have been well scaffolded to support lower ability groups. I really liked the ‘extend your knowledge’ elements. I also liked the example answers and asking students to reflect on these – good use of AfL inbuilt.” – R Goulds, Head of English and Independent Reviewer
Price is £69 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.